16 September 2007

Insert Homer Simpson-esque Drool Here

Those of you who know me know that I love cupcakes.

I mean... I well and truly love cupcakes.

I have the ability to fit an entire cupcake into my mouth - frosting, sprinkles and all. The ensuing frosting headache is absolutely, in no uncertain terms, always worth it.

Now, because it doesn't come up as often, you may not know I am also a big fan of the doughnut. To be specific, I am a big fan of the freshly baked doughnut. Those disgusting Entenmann things masking as doughnuts do not move me. Those "end-of-day, been-sitting-there-since-7 A.M., gettin'-love-from-no one" doughnuts don't have a place in my heart and Dunkin' anything makes me throw up in my mouth a little. But a freshly baked doughnut... oh the pleasure, the joy. You watch as they're taken out of the piping hot oil and laid suggestively on a rack or gently absorbent surface and then rolled indecently in sugar and/or cinnamon right in front of you. Arrrrr-rrrrr.

So, suffice it to say that I was deliriously happy to see this post on a blog that I frequent.

She makes me soooo very happy...

4 comments:

Emy said...

Donuts...is there anything they CAN'T do? ;)

Dude, a cupcake topped with a donut is like PERFECTION. Perfection with FROSTING, no less.

I'm going to be dreaming about these for weeks, you know.

Anonymous said...

holey moley - it's a sin just looking at this wondrous creation. i bet it's a trip straight to the ninth circle of hell to have it pass one's lips...

Anonymous said...

i too am a cupcake fan. i saw this recipe the other day and can't wait to try it. oh, and if you haven't ever read it, 101 cookbooks is an amazing blog. Try the recipe for chocolate zucchini cupcakes. They are heavenly! Granted the liquid portion of the recipe looks like the grossest thing in the world when you mix it but it all sorts out when you add it to the dry ingredients.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm doughnuts !
I prefer lemon tart though

Gadget
http://bridgehouseblog.blogger.com