10 May 2007

Alone Again, Naturally

I've been on my own for a full week now. The husband has gone back to sea and it's just me and one wayward cat for the next four months. It's amazing how the time flies.

It's weird, too, because it seems as though the days have just passed and that I haven't done a thing this past week, but that couldn't be less true.

I've made 4 "Pink, pink and more pink" ATCs, 4 "Black & White" ATCs and learned to sew (sort of). I went to a meeting of the Altered Arts club (of which I was the only attending member that day), saw Spiderman, went shopping in Cheshire and Fleetwood, bought new bedding plants, two jasmine plants and a lavatera. I've been to Stitch 'n Bitch, a giant hobby store and the Wray Scarecrow Festival in (unsurprisingly) the small village of Wray.

This time last week, I was having a day of domestic responsibility. I spent almost the entire day going through the finances and bills, making sure that we're on track, adding all of the correct notations to my organizer, making the phone calls that needed to be made.

Honestly, I'd complain save for the fact that, thanks to British Telecom and the invention of the wireless network, I did all of this sitting outside at my table, which looks like this:


on a deliriously glorious day in my back garden, which looks like this:

Ah, and it's only Spring.

It's also hard to believe that in 8 short days, I will have lived in England for a year. 365 days. A whole year.

My, but how the time does fly.

4 comments:

Kate Schmidt said...

Your yard is GORGEOUS! I'm drooooling with envy.

TiggerLarue said...

Ohhhhhh, to have a nice green yard of my own! I'll have to just stare longingly at your pics.

Anonymous said...

You have been busy!

I'd love to see some of your ATC's.

Oh Happy Anniversary for having been here for a year!

Is that all you garden? It's massive! And beatiful. I love Jasmine, such a delicate and pretty flower.

It's a shame the weather's turned isn't it.

Stephanie said...

What an amazing back garden you have --- it is so beautiful!

Good title...I love that Gilbert O'Sullivan song --- so sad.